This year we have witnessed some action on the Suzuki front with updates to the GSX-S1000 and super-fast Hayabusa, and now its the turn of the V-Strom adventure tourer. The 2021 model mainly offers some new color palettes for riders that fancy nice colors. Riders can now choose from the following array of schemes. Metallic Oort Grey / Glass Sparkle Black – a steely grey with blue decals, grey seat and blue spoked wheels. Pearl Brilliant White / Glass Blaze Orange – DR750 inspired, the popular orange and white option and lastly Glass Sparkle Black – offering subtle grey and gold decals with gold wheels.
The V-STROM is still powered by a uprated 1037cc, 90-degree V-twin engine offering 105 hp. New camshafts and pistons are fed by a pair of large, 49mm, Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies that deliver smooth, light, and precise throttle grip action. An updated Traction Control System*, now with four modes of adjustment, is joined by a new Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) that lets the rider choose from three different engine power delivery characteristics.
The V-STROM’s durable, twin-spar aluminum frame balances weight and rigidity for optimal handling on all types of roads. A cast aluminum swingarm is controlled by a single rear shock with remote, hydraulic spring preload adjustment so adjusting for cargo or a passenger takes just seconds. Up front, the inverted KYB fork has spring preload adjustment plus both compression and rebound damping force adjustment for easy tuning. In popular 19- and 17-inch sizes, Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41 tires are fitted to the V-STROM’s 10-spoke, cast aluminum wheels.
Priced at $14,799.
2021 Suzuki V-STROM 1050 Specs
- Engine 1037cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90˚ V-twin
- Bore x Stroke 100.0 mm x 66.0 mm (3.9 in. x 2.6 in.)
- Compression Ratio 11.5:1
- Fuel System Fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire equipped
- Starter Electric
- Lubrication Wet sump
- Clutch Wet, multi-plate type
- Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive Chain, O-ring type, RK525SMOZ8, 116 links
- Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front Tokico, 4-piston calipers, twin disc
- Brakes Rear Nissin, 2-piston, single disc
- Tires Front 110/80R19 M/C (59V), tubeless
- Tires Rear 150/70R17 M/C (69V), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity 20.0 L (5.3 US gal.)
- Color Pearl Brilliant White/Glass Blaze Orange or Champion Yellow No. 2