This is the 2021 Suzuki M109R B.O.S.S. – Suzuki’s latest performance cruiser. In case you’re wondering – the acronym stands for ‘Blacked Out Special Suzuki’.
The Boulevard boss is propelled by a powerful V-twin engine using some of the largest pistons in the industry – which Suzuki says will get your adrenaline flowing whenever you ride. A 109 cubic inch engine is wrapped with aggressive blacked-out styling that includes slash-cut mufflers, drag-style bars, a supplied solo seat cowl, and a distinctively shaped headlight nacelle that’s uniquely Suzuki.
Suzuki says this cruiser is not just about looks, as it features some techy bits too – such as inverted forks, a hidden single-shock rear suspension, and an anatomically correct saddle , which all help provide responsive handling and a super comfy ride.
While the M109R is no Harley, its 1,783cc V-twin pumps out a hefty 118 lb-ft of torque – which should satisfy most power-hungry riders.
Priced at $15,249, the flagship cruiser offers riders big-bore performance at not too steep a price…
|– Two-tone paint schemes on the 2021 Boulevard M109R B.O.S.S. – Candy Daring Red and Glass Sparkle Black or the Metallic Triton Blue and Glass Sparkle Black treatment with contrasting graphics. |
– The 109 cubic inch (1783cc), 54-degree, V-twin engine rumbles through a pair of large-diameter mufflers as it puts power through the shaft drive and down into the 240mm wide rear tire.
– Huge 4.4-inch (112mm) forged aluminum-alloy pistons. These are one of the largest reciprocating gasoline engine pistons being used in any production passenger car or motorcycle while featuring a race-proven design to reduce friction and inertial mass.
– Each of the large cylinders is lined with Suzuki’s race proven Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances, and reduced weight.
– Similar to the brakes from a GSX-R1000R, the M109R’s radial-mounted, dual front brakes deliver sure stopping performance. The large-diameter inverted fork and the 240 mm wide rear tire give the bike a tough, aggressive stance that also delivers a smooth, controlled ride.
– The 2-1-2 stainless steel blacked-out exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and a powerful V-twin sound.
The M109R B.O.S.S. (Blacked Out Special Suzuki) features the following additions:
• Blacked-out exhaust system, clutch cover, magneto cover, cylinder head covers, air cleaner cover, and final drive case.
• Blacked-out handlebars, clutch and brake levers, handlebar switch cases, rearview mirrors, fuel tank/instrument cover, front and rear wheels, front and rear brake calipers, frame side covers, rear fender stays, sidestand, steering stem clamps, and front forks.
• Clear tail light and turn signal lenses.